The Himalayan town of Kedarnath is a holy place. This is one of Lord Shiva’s holiest pilgrimages in Uttarakhand and is one of the popular sites of Char Dham.
A tranquil environment with snow-white mountains, luscious landscapes, green forests, and vibrant rhododendrons in this picturesque area.
Would you want to take the Yatra Kedarnath? If indeed, make sure you have the correct knowledge of your path, which takes you to this holy temple on one of the 16 kilometers’ most spiritual and religious pilgrimages.
Kedarnath Trekking Distance
The trekking path to Kedarnath runs from Gaurikund to Kedarnath Dham, a total distance of 16 km.
Kedarnath Trek Facilities
A wide range of facilities and services, such as Palki or Doli, Kandi, and mules are available for the Kedarnath Trek as well as ponies which are alternate ways to enter main Kedarnath Dham.
Such facilities can be booked at various Gaurikund or Sonprayag reservation counters. The cost of facilities varies from the covered area.
Kedarnath Trek Route Map
Step By Step Travel Guide For Kedarnath Journey
First Step: Reach to Rishikesh
The city can be easily reached by trains, regional and international bus routes. If you come to that airplane, it will be only 20 kilometers or 35 minutes for Jollygrant airport to arriving.
Try to complete this trip at night only so that in the sharp morning you can get to Rishikesh to begin your trip to Kedarnath.
Second Step: Rishikesh To Sonprayag or Gaurikund
Time: 8 Hours By Road
Distance: 211 Km
It is difficult to get to Sonprayag by direct bus, but from the major towns of Uttarakhand to Guptkashi you can also try Guptkashi which is well known in the last city before Kedarnath and daily bus service. You can finish your journey via sharable Jeeps or Tata Sumo from Guptkashi to Sonprayag.
Facilities you can found at Sonprayag
- Hostels facilities are available in Sonprayag including budget to luxury hotels.
- In the case of your car, the parking facilities are also available at Sonprayag.
- Gauri Kund shuttle service, which is sharable jeeps in general.
- Bio-metrical pilgrimage registrations or Kedarnath Dham yatra travelers, or Char Dham yatra travelers.
Third Step: Gaurikund to Kedarnath
Time: 5 – 6 hours
Distance: 16 km trek
Just 16 km along a paved road from Gaurikund you can reach Kedarnath. You should go up the steep road on a horse or ponies.
Tips for Before Your Trek to Kedarnath Temple
- Seek early in the morning to begin your walk, to avoid harsh noon sunlight.
- Don’t try walking an empty stomach that can make your journey even more difficult.
- Bring bottles of water, but value nature, don’t push through it anywhere.
- Go with good handles and seek to just bring in your bag the required things
- Maintain your eyes on the walk, also with the possibility that ponies return from the temple.
If you’re not ready for the trip physically, the trekking trip is highly tested. At least three or five months before the start of the trip you will work out the next half an hour. The Yatra Kedarnath journey is highly rejuvenating, however, if you’re in form and loving nature.